Grandma Eckdahl

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Whas up?

Well I just thought I would do a quick post to let everyone know what has been going on. We got to Wichita about 10:30 last Friday night. Amy and I were so tired that we left the stuff in the cars. Just got the coolers with food in the house, put it away and went to bed. On Saturday morning it was raining and Amy was trying to find out if Levi's football game was still on. It was his first game of the season and it was cold. I didn't have a jacket out so I froze. I did buy a Rose Hill Rockets umbrella to keep the rain off of me. The next thing I knew it was 1:00 and time for Amy to go do her 12 mile run. The kids were napping so I decided that I should too. I woke up to Amy pounding on the door trying to get in about 3:20.

Sunday I got up and checked the paper for open houses, and jobs. We went to second service at church and then Amy and I went to 3 open houses. The first one was really nice. It is down by where Amy's first house was. I was afraid the house was a little on the small side. Amy thinks its the perfect size for me. Guess I will need to get rid of some more stuff if I would happen to get that one. The other two we looked at were not that great. I guess with the first one it was just so nice. It has been redone. It was like a brand new house. We got home and then remembered that I was going to go to the Y to sign up. They had a special that ended Sunday. The joining fee was only 7 dollars compared to 50. I ended up going back into town while Amy started supper. I am really excited to be a member of the Y. Now I just need to get some kind of part time job at one of them so that my membership is free.

Monday we went to the state fair. If you had a Dillon's card you could get in free. It didn't cost anything for parking either. Much better value than the Nebr. state fair. We had a good time. The day went by very quickly. It was so cool that there was someone at the fair who had safes. I was able to check out the safes. They had state fair specials. I figured out what I want and then when we were on our way home I called Jason. Jason has a friend that sells these safes. Jason called me back later Monday night with a price. It was 1,000 lower than the state fair price.

Yesterday Amy and I had to go to Wichita. We went to Wal-Mart and I got a card for my laptop so that I can have wireless Internet at Amy's. Amy needs to get on the computer and a lot of times I was looking for jobs and places to live. This just makes it so much easier. Then I went bed shopping. She had to go downtown to the running store so she left and I went over to the mall and went looking for jobs. I picked up several applications and applied at Penneys. I have to get those filled out and take them back today.

So what is in store for today? I will be filling out applications and I need to send my resume to a few places on line. I also need to call a new realtor to see about looking at a couple of houses. Tony said he would go look at a place before an offer is made to give a man's view. Amy teaches water aerobics at Cessna at 5:30 so I will be going to that again. We had done that on Monday too. I will try to keep up with my blog a little bit better now that I have my laptop accessible to the Internet. The days are flying by and I need to find a job. I want to get that taken care of so that I can go back to Nebr. and finish the packing and get down here. It will be so nice when I have my own place. I really love being with the kids but I miss my own space. I'm sure Amy and Josh are ready for me to leave too so that my stuff is not in the way.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Oh, Trisha...I am so glad that you updated your blog so we could see what was going on down there. I really miss you...although I have been very busy packing. (Rick said I sounded like a squirrel)

    Today I defrosted the freezer and am trying to get the last of stuff out of the linen closet, bathroom, other closets, etc. Oh, there's a little left in the kitchen, too. Good GRIEF!!!! WHY does a person accumulate so much STUFF?????

    Dude says that Spide is doing great on the bathroom - although I'm sure it won't be done by the weekend. And then we have the painting.

    Sindee is coming tomorrow to help - so hope we can get the garage done. I "think" I'm doing okay - to be ready for Saturday. Forecast is for rain...DANG!!!!! That will be a mess. But...I know there's nothing that can be done about that.

    Good luck in your quest for a job & a place to live. Praying for ya!

     
  • At 4:00 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    You rock!!! Keep up the good work and I hope and am praying for something to turn up real soon on the job and house hunting. I was just over to Dixie's house and Spide has 2 walls sheet rocked and the base of the shower just came and he was getting ready to install that. He was measuring how much room Dixie is going to have to walk between the shower and vanity. Her shower is HUGE and it is making her big bathroom a little bit smaller and Spide says do you think that's enough room and I said what are you going to do knock a wall out if it isn't??? I said she is used to a small bathroom it will be fine.
    Well I need to get busy, the week is flying by and I have a very busy weekend planned, how about you???

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger Rox said...

    Good luck on the job and house hunting. I pray you will find just the right fit!

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Blogger Robert Eckdahl said...

    Well, I pray you have a good second half of the week...get some calls back on those applications, and have good luck with a new realtor.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home