Grandma Eckdahl

Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm done

This is a picture of Jeana, my supervisor, and me. This was taken after I received a standing ovation at a Head Start meeting. Yes, you can see I look like crap. I cried when I got the standing ovation.
This is a picture of me with Rita, the Head Start director. I had to talk about my experience with Head Start. I winged it and I wasn't even nervous!

Yes, I am done. No more going back to work at Head Start. It was not too bad of a day. When I got to work the Head Start director was there. She gave me her cell phone number and wants me to keep in touch. We talked about a possible replacement for me. If they don't get any applications in before Monday at 3 they are going to have to re-advertise. (I know, I am so hard to replace.) (Not really, they are just trying to find someone bilingual.) Lynne and Christina came in late. We went to lunch and I got presents!!! Lynne gave me an angel night light that has a little tag that says "God Bless This House" and from Christina I am getting a canvas bag that has a picture of our Head Start center staff on it. It was a picture of us when we had crazy day. We were all dressed goofy. The bag was special ordered and it hasn't come in yet. I can't wait to get it. After lunch I had to say goodbye to Christina. I had a few tears. Lynne and I had some orientations to do and then when she got ready to leave we hugged and we really cried. We have been together since 1995. We have had our ups and our downs - kind of like a marriage. I told her next summer when she is laid off that she can come visit me in Kansas. My desk looked so empty when I left. It was weird locking the door for the last time. Oh well. On to the next chapter in my life. What is in store for me now? Only God knows the answer to that question.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Oh Trisha, how touching. I know I have that to look forward to in May and I am excited and I know I will cry too. Although I am very anxious for it to get here it still will be hard to let go. Even now training Joy I have a hard time of letting her do what I have always done. Just the other day I said I will take it home and do it and she said do you want me to come home with you so I know how to do it???? So I told her tell me not to do that its her job to do those things. Its going to be an interesting year so far it is going pretty well considering the extra kids we are feeding but they are soooo cute, ya gotta love'em.
    How are you doing on the house cleaning???? We need pictures of progress like Dixie did ok???
    Talk to ya tomorrow, don't want to bother you today with your cleaning crew.

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger Rox said...

    I am sure it is hard leaving a job that you have been at for so many years. I still miss the people I worked with in Fullerton. It was a great place to learn the ropes and the administration was great there too! You have new things to experience now and we will be anxious to hear about them on your blog. How soon are you planning on leaving???

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Patti said...

    I'm not sure when I will leave. I hope to be gone by the middle of September at the latest. We will have to see how much stuff I get done now that I'm not working. I need to be in Wichita by the 21st of September so that I can cheer Amy on as she runs her 1/2 marathon.

     
  • At 4:31 PM , Blogger Sindee said...

    Good luck Patti! I wish you only the best things in life!

    But, we will surely miss you when you leave!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home