Grandma Eckdahl

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bird Nests - Not just for the birds!

I have been trying so hard to get the stupid yard mowed. I have the area in front of the barn mowed and most of the yard to the east of the house and south is mowed. The south ditch is done somewhat and not much done on the north ditch. That one is hard for me when I have 2 good hands. Well anyway I am out by the old red pickup and there is a bird nest that has fallen out of the evergreen tree. Luckily I kicked it aside instead of moving it with my hand. There was a snake under it. I didn't freak out too bad. I managed to keep the mower running. Usually when I see a snake with the push mower I run and the mower dies. I have used 6 tanks of gas with all I have done. Sunday I mowed 2 tanks worth and last night (Tuesday) I mowed 2 tanks and tonight I did another 2. I have not even begun on the yard north of the house or west. It looks like it is getting pretty tall and I know there are a lot of branches, limbs and big sticks in there. I am too tired to pick up sticks tonight.

I also need to get to working on the inside of the house. I have a garage sale coming up in a week! I hope I sell a lot because with the kids coming home the next weekend I have to make it look like I have done something or they are going to be getting a dumpster. That would be bad. I have to go to work some of the days they are here so I'm afraid of what they might be throwing away. I told Amy I have the job of dumpster monitor. I told Robert maybe we could just put the stuff out in the yard for a yard sale. He said I would probably be trying to buy my own stuff back.

Well I have to get busy and get more stuff done. So until the next time C Ya.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Robert Eckdahl said...

    I'm so proud of you mom, but just don't over do it. It sounds like you are trying to pace yourself a little bit, but you've definitely got a fast pace right now.

    I did get approval today for my vacation time the week after memorial weekend, so I'll be able to leave after I pick up the boys on the 23rd, and I'll be able to stay until midday on the 30th.

     
  • At 8:28 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Wow I'm impressed there aint no way in hell I would move a birds nest
    but then not just for snakes either birds would have the same effect.
    Thanks but no thanks.

     
  • At 10:43 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Well, it is a good thing that you didn't touch the nest. If you had you might have had a mess to clean up.(the one in your pants). Dude you would have had a heart attack if you would have been Lillie yesterday. We were at the zoo and a bird flew down onto her tray on the stroller and stole some of her sandwhich! Wish I could have had a picture you might have had a heart attack just seeing that.

     
  • At 3:36 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Oh my gosh, what did poor little Lillie do? Yep, I would have had a heart attack just watching that happen let alone being in her place..... well you know me all too well don't ya.

     
  • At 4:52 PM , Blogger Rox said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 4:54 PM , Blogger Rox said...

    Patti, how did your garage sale go???

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home