Grandma Eckdahl

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Speedy is fast





Ha, you thought I was talking about my internet didn't you? Well yes it is fast but Speedy (one of the outside cats) was pretty fast this morning. As I was going out the door this morning I grabbed the cup that I put cat food in to feed the outside cats. Well when I went to reach in I heard something. Yes, there it was, a mouse in the bag of cat food in the closet. I go and grab Pole who had just been given a can of cat food. I was trying to stick his nose in the bag to see the mouse and I see 2 mice not one. Well needless to say he didn't want anything to do with them. I wanted to tell him "Your fired" I just didn't know how I was going to feed the outside cats. All I could think about was dumping the bag on the floor so the mice would run out and Pole would get them. Then I finally thought "well that's real dumb. Why not take the bag outside and pour it into the cat's pan?" So that's exactly what I did. I shut the bag tight so they wouldn't jump out while I was headed outside with the bag in my hand. I poured out the food and one of them was running around the pan and Speedy was real fast. Grabbed that little thing up and wolfed it right down. I don't know if the other one is still in the bag or not. I wasn't going to look. I'll just be very careful when I get the food in the morning. I think I need a rubber maid container for the cat food. That should solve the problem. I can handle the mice better than a snake but you know if there are mice there are snakes, so I think I better try to get rid of the mice. I don't want a food source for snakes. Now that I have faster internet does that mean I will have more time for cleaning or will it mean that I am on the computer more? We will have to wait and see. I also need to post a picture of snow for Amy. She just can't understand why I don't go to the cemetary. I told her there is too much snow. I told her if she wants to go to the cemetary that she better bring her boots. She said they have had a lot of snow but it melted. I told her it won't melt under 32 degrees. I guess I better go get the pictures off my camera and then go get some wood hauled in. There is still daylight left. (That doesn't happen very often for me by the time I get home.)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Oh, YUCK!!!! I don't think I'll be coming to your house any time soon. I HATE mice even more than you. "D"

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Robert Eckdahl said...

    Grandma has high speed? Maybe you can fast forward to spring! My post is newer than yours!

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Hey.... where are the new pictures of Ethan and Lillie???? I am so bummed that I didn't get to see them and get my hands on them. Sooooo I NEED PICTURES AND SOON!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home