Grandma Eckdahl

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Is it bedtime yet?

Well here it is 7:55 p.m. I am ready to fall asleep but my boys are going strong. I didn't get much of a nap today. I don't feel like I got a lot done today. I don't know where the day went. I helpd Abbi move her stuff into her apartment this morning. The boys and I came back to Robert's and I warmed them up some lunch. They had a short nap. I had to take Cameron to the doctor today. He has been complaining of his head hurting and last night he was pulling on his ear. I thought he had an ear infection. Dr. Young said the ears are fine but thinks that maybe Cameron has sinus infection. (Poor kid) He has 2 medicines to take. We were going to go wash the dirt off my car but the car wash was closed. We came back to the apartment and I tried to pick up some stuff and then I thought that I had better run to Wal-Mart to get some milk. Of course I didn't get just milk. Found some other groceries too. For Wal-mart being so close it sure took me a long time. I dropped off the rx's at Walgreens and came back to the apartment and it was after 6 and Robert had just gotten home. I didn't have supper ready:( We decided to warm up pizza for the boys and Robert was going to go get us Taco Bell. I told him I wanted the steak supreme chalupa. Well of course he ordered the meals and they gave him the change and our drinks and he took off. He came in the apartment with Cameron's medicine and our drinks. I asked where our food was. He thought he forgot it in the car. He goes out to get it and he didn't have the food. He had to go back to Taco Bell for our food. When he came back he said something about my chicken chalupa. I said I ordered steak. I thought he was just messing with me the way Bob always did but no he had ordered chicken. I guess that's one way to get me to try new things. I think the poor guy is a little stressed. He had a rough day at work today. Tonight he has a basketball game. I thought about going but I don't think I could run after the boys at the game. In fact I think its only about 10 minutes away from their bedtime. It is so cool having so many places within a mile of you. We have Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Office Depot, Quiz-nos, Burger King, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, Hy-Vee, Applebees, Kohl's, Lowes, Dollar Tree, just to name a few places within such a short distance. Can you tell I'm from the country? I'm used to driving 30 miles to Wal-Mart. Well I guess I better get these boys to bed. I might not be to far behind them. In case I don't get any more blogging done before I leave here - I am planning on leaving by 1 p.m. on Saturday. I want a chance to get home and get my mind in order before going to work on Monday.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM , Blogger Robert Eckdahl said...

    Geesh mom! I guess that if anyone needs news of what I'm up to, they can just talk to "Tele-Patti"(or in this case, "Blog-a-Patti".)

    It sure is nice having easy access to everything...like the Diary Queen that's just a hop, skip and a jump away. Not to mention the stores, restaraunts, and stuff that's up on 119th.

    We lost our basketball game tonight 50-25. I scored a whopping two points. Let's face it, I'm not much better at basketball than I was at wrestling. I did contribute some nice defense towards the end of the game...had a nice block and then I stole the ball; which would have been even more impressive had I not lost control in my attempt to breakaway down the court (the ball flew out of bounds).

    Better get to bed...thanks for ALL of your help MOM! LOVES!

     
  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Trish: You're going to need a "vacation" when you get back home. I know you have enjoyed being with the boys - and hope they don't miss you too much when you leave. So....how far do you think you'll drive before you quit crying???? Love, "D"
    p.s. Oh, Robert...too bad that you lost the basketball game.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home