Grandma Eckdahl

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm exhausted

Oh my gosh. I am so exhausted. Today Shirley and Kim came and helped me start packing. I had all the tables out in the addition full of stuff from trying to sell. We packed it all up and filled the back of Shirleys pickup. She took a load of stuff to West Point to be auctioned off. We had her loaded before 10:30. Then we tore into the house. We have packed a lot of stuff up. There is still a lot of stuff here and there that I have to go through to determine if it goes to the auction or if I'm taking it to Kansas or if it goes in the trash. We had some more things to take to the auction when she left at 5:30 but she also had a lot of stuff that she was going to throw into her pit. My feet hurt so bad. Those girls had me running the whole day. There were not any breaks except for when I went to town and got us lunch at "The Library" Those girls were so awesome. I don't know what I would have done without them. So here are the pictures. I still have a lot of work to do before some people come look at the house on Monday @1:00. Last night when I was talking to Amy there was a pickup that drove by real slow. It stopped out by the for sale sign and then backed into the drive way, went back north and then came back again going real slow. Well today when we were loading the truck for the 1st load it looked like the same pickup. They pulled in. It was 3 guys. The one is looking for a place to live. They asked if they could look at it. I let them look and told them to call the realtor with an offer. We will see what happens.
Here is the living room. Anyone want to buy a tv and cabinet? It is $400 for both. Notice the break front is cleaned out too. All my Avon awards and everything are all packed up.

Here is the cupboards above the washer and dryer in the bathroom. Yup almost everything is gone. Just some laundry stuff and some shower gel.




Most of the towels are packed up or I should say were used to pack stuff.

Here we have the pantry. I have to go through the stuff on the bottom shelf. I hope no one needs any measuring cups because there are not any out.






I know this still looks very messy but hey there is progress here too. I should have taken "before" pictures.




Load em up and move em out. This is stuff that is ready to go to Kansas. There are a couple of open boxes that still have some room in them.
Kim is going to come back on Monday morning and help me get some more stuff done before those people come look at the place. Well I guess I better sort more stuff so I better get busy.





5 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Good job, Trisha!!!!  It is really nice to be able to see progress, huh????  I know how difficult it is - been there - done that!Keep up the good work...and good luck with the showing on Monday.  Dude & I are praying to St. Joseph, even if you don't have him buried....tee hee!Talk to ya soon!

     
  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Wow, you have been working really hard. How does it feel to you? Do you feel like the end of the tunnel is in sight? When is Amy and Josh coming, keep me posted I want to see them.
    We are planning on going to Steve's next Sat. so hope it will be before then.

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Yeah way to go I hope that we can get you set to go. That way when I leave all you have to do is pack the truck. :)

     
  • At 9:06 PM , Blogger Rox said...

    Way to go! I know it probably seems endless all the stuff you have to go through. I feel that way and I'm not moving!!! A person just keeps too much stuff. I like seeing the empty spots!!!

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger Patti said...

    Amy - maybe we can just get that truck packed and head south together when you are here. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home