Grandma Eckdahl

Friday, October 03, 2008

Officially Sold

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that it is official. The people buying the farm finally closed on the deal today!!! Nothing like bringing it right down to the wire. If they did not close on the deal I would have lost my contract on my house down here. It was 3:15 this afternoon when they finally finished signing the papers. Today I talked to my realtor down here and he said he had my closing set for Oct. 21. Then when I talked to him after the papers had been signed and he had a copy of the final closing he looked on his computer and the closing has been changed to Oct. 17. Woo hoo!!! I don't get possession until 48 hours later. As long as everything goes ok I would stay there the night of the 19th.

What an exciting week since I start work on the 13th at Penneys.

Tomorrow is Ethan's first birthday. It will be a busy day. I have to call in at 9 to see if I need to work at Bath and Body. If I don't have to go in then I will go to Levi's football game. Ethan's party is at 2:30. If I have to work I will get off at 2.

Well I better go see what else Amy wants me to do. We are trying to get the house cleaned up for the party. I just had to take a break.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM , Blogger Rox said...

    Woo Hoo to you! And another new job? Wow! I can't even handle the one I have! But that will be nice with a discount (do they still do that?). Wow, to be in your new house soon, I'm sure you can't wait. That will be so nice for you. It seems bigger than your old one. Seems so new too! Do you have any painting to do? Good luck with all of that. I am anxious for mom to get in her house. It is going to be just right for her. And it is so nice that her neighbor can check on her. I am so grateful for that!!!

     
  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger Patti said...

    I think square foot wise this house will be smaller. I may still need to get rid of some things. We will have to wait and see when I get my stuff in there. I really don't think I will have any painting to do right off. I really don't like the color of the downstairs bathroom but I can live with that. One thing that will really be nice is the storage shed out back. My bedroom will be a big improvement.

    It will be nice for your Mom to get in her house. I really know how she feels. It is really nice that she has a neighbor that can check on her. That is a big relief. Then when I can't get a hold of her I don't have to panic. I will be 12 miles from Amy. Not too far away. It's also very easy to get from her house to mine. It's probably about straight west of hers. Oh wow, I just realized that I am probably going to have to buy candy for Halloween. I'm not used to that.

     
  • At 9:43 AM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Yeah, don't know if you checked on your old blog but I did reply to it again but I am so happy all is going with a green light for you finally....you deserve some good luck for a change. Can't wait to get together for the birtdays. Hope Sindee is able to come with us too, haven't sprung that on her yet, she has been so busy with Dixie's house painting and then with field work she is running ragged but she is young right???
    Dixie and I are going to have lunch with Judy Andrew and some friends today so we have some running to do. I need to get busy so I can go play with her.....

     
  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Ya Hoo!!! I was getting worried there for a bit. Glad all went well - and can't wait to come down & see you all moved in. Hope it works out for all of us.

     
  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Oh....hope the birthday party went well. Thinking of ya.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home