Grandma Eckdahl

Sunday, April 26, 2009

One proud mama

Yes, I am a very proud Mom! Here is Amy approaching about 17 miles in the Ok. City marathon. She had to give us her waterbelt. 4 bottles were empty at about half way.
And there she goes headed towards the finish line. One of the girls from Rose Hill (Leslie) who also ran her first full marathon was not too far ahead of her. I think we had to drive about 20 miles to get to the finish line.
We had time before Amy was due in so we went to the Memorial. It was not far from the finish line. I took a picture of my little darlings.

We then waited in a parking lot close to the finish line. I snapped several pictures of the kids. It was so hard to figure out which ones to put on my blog.




Ethan was so silly. At one point I turned around and his shorts were down around his ankles. I didn't take a picture of that. Some people were back behind us and they were laughing. His shirt was a little long.



Here comes Amy. She is almost to the finish line. I got a couple of pictures of her. She was running with Leslie. She had caught up to Leslie. Leslie was having some problems with her knee. Amy would have had a faster time but she stayed with Leslie. Leslie even told her to go on but she wasn't going to leave her behind. They finished together. In fact after they ran past us Amy grabbed Leslie's hand and the "first-timer's" crossed together. I was too busy watching them that I forgot to snap a picture of her crossing the finish line.




Here she is hugging Josh. Yes, those are tears of joy! She did it.




Here she is hugging Shirley. Shirley has been awesome while Amy has been training. There have been times Shirley has run with her, has followed her, or come and picked her up after a run. Shirley is a very special lady!










Amy getting a hug from Levi.






Ethan didn't want anything to do with her. I don't know what that was about. It was like she was a total stranger.










Here she is talking to Sky. (Amy's future sister-in-law)











Way to go Amy! We are proud of you! I think the storms have passed so I have to get going. We are going to celebrate Amy's accomplishment. Sorry about posting this so fast Amy. I couldn't help but brag about what you have done. I love you!














5 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    You have every RIGHT to be proud of that girl. She has accomplished so much with her running. I've never known anyone that ever ran a marathon.

    WAY TO GO, AMY!!!!!

     
  • At 11:07 PM , Blogger Robert Eckdahl said...

    Great job Amy! I'm very proud of you!

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Wellllll I am proud of you also and those pictures Trisha are awesome they made me cry too, but then I am just a marshmellow when I see someone else crying.

     
  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger Rox said...

    I am so pruod of her too! She is definitely my hero! Now I gotta go wipe away my tears! Must run in the framily!!!

     
  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Okay, Trisha....Where are the pictures of last weekend's run/walk???????

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home