Grandma Eckdahl

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy 98th birthday Dad! I could say that I waited to post so I could put that in my blog - but that's not true. I knew August was going to fly by. This is post #8 for the year. Only 4 more to go and I will have actually kept a New Years Resolution. How many of you can say that you have kept a resolution? I must admit that I do believe it would be my first.

On the 4th I made a trip back to Nebr. It was a fast trip left Kansas on Wednesday and returned on Friday. I must say it was a very relaxing trip. You would have thought that I would have been exhausted but I wasn't.

On the 14th Amy, Levi, Lillie, Ethan, Evie and I met Dixie, Dude and Leon in Trash City (oops I mean Junction City). Lillie was calling in Trash City. Gotta love those 4 year olds. (The other day I had Lillie & Ethan in my car and I heard him say Trash City - cracked me up.) On the 15th we went to Wamego Kansas for the Burley family reunion. We are getting to be such a small group. I guess that's what happens when everyone gets older and the younger generations don't go to the reunions.

After the reunion I followed Robert back to KC. I watched the boys on the 16th and 17th. On the 16th I even had to take them to the school to see their classrooms. It was really cool. Cameron started school on the 17th and then Bo started on the 18th. After we got them off to school I headed back to Wichita.

On the 21st. I had to go take a class for the YMCA. It was a very long day from 8-6:30 but at least I passed the class and now can teach any water class. Yea!!

Well I guess that cover August. Do you realize that Christmas is only 116 days away? Maybe I should start wrapping presents now since I seem to struggle with that because of work hours during the holiday.

Well until Sept. 30. - have a great month!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Yay, Trisha!!!!! Didn't think you were going to make it this month. Good thing Dad had a birthday, huh? You didn't tell how much fun we had when you were in Nebraska. Oh well....just didn't like your "countdown" to Christmas. I'm not ready for that!!!!!
    Hoope to see you the end of the month.

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    the best part was Trash City, loved it, I can still hear her saying that even tho I never did get to hear her say it.....
    Nice memory of Dad and I won't check your blog now till Sept 30th so no more cyberbullying from me....ha do you really believe that?????

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Heyyyy Trisha, tomorrow is the 30th of September does that ring a bell?????

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home