Grandma Eckdahl

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Where did March go?

Ok - so you tell me - where did the month of March go? I knew at the beginning of the month that it felt like it was over. It has been a crazy month. Oh - I guess I better back up to February. February went by very quickly too.

On Feb. 24 I jumped in my car and headed back to Nebraska. You see I have this sister who has a birthday on the 28th. She was having a "big" one. You know - one of those with a zero on the end. Well she didn't think I would be able to make it and I wasn't sure if I could make it. You never know what kind of weather Nebraska is going to have, so I decided I would surprise her - if I was able to make it. I decided to come back a few days early so that I could see some other people that I haven't been able to see since I moved. I arrived on Wednesday and stayed in West Point after visiting Bob's aunt in Fremont. On Thursday I visited several people in West Point, went to the bank, got my hair cut, ate lunch at the Mexican Cafe. Then I stopped by Head Start. Well Lynne was on her way back from Fremont with an agency car and had to take it back to Wisner so I rode with her so I was able to see people from the Head Start office. It was cool. I hadn't planned on that. We returned to West Point and ate at Pizza Ranch. Oh it tasted so good. Then I went to Craig and visited my brother in law and returned to Lynne's house and spent the night at her house. The next morning we were out the door by 7 and I headed towards Craig. I had stopped at Casey's to get some tea and another old Head Start coworker who is the Head Start Director in Fremont had come in. So another pleasant surprise of seeing someone I wasn't expecting to see. I was headed down the road to my old house and decided to stop by Margaret's house. Yes, it wasn't even 8:00 in the morning but I thought she would be up. She was and I had a short visit with her. I drove by the farm and then by the cemetery and then headed for Fort Atkinson. I was able to see a couple of Bob's old coworkers. It was nice to visit with them. About 11 I decided that I should head for Omaha to get ready for the big surprise. My partner (Doodles) in the big secret had told me they wouldn't be there till about 12:30 at Red Lobster. Well I get to Red Lobster at 11:45 and the parking lot is packed. Duh - it is Friday and it is Lent. I am walking up to the building & the phone rings. It is Doodles. She is saying that they will be there early. Told her not to worry that I was there. She went to tell me something else and Dixie (the birthday girl) opens the car door. I still needed information - such as what color of shirt they are wearing - you see they almost always dress alike. I needed to know what color so I could tell the people at Red Lobster. I was naming off all kinds of colors and Doodles kept saying no. Finally she says your favorite color and I go "Oh purple" and she said Yes! Then I asked which car they had and she said "not mine" . Well I saw them getting out of the car and watched them come in. I was hiding in the bar. I was suppose to wait until they were seated but since we had to wait - I couldn't wait any longer. I came walking out and Dixie's mouth dropped open and stayed open for quite a while. It was a great surprise even though Doodles almost let the cat out of the bag a couple of times. We ate, got our motel room, shopped, (the 3 of us got matching shirts) and then we went out to Dixie's stepson's house. On Saturday we went shopping at the other mall. We had a great time and it flew by. Saturday night we went to Farmer Brown's for supper. This is Dixie's favorite place to eat. Dixie was able to celebrate her birthday with 2 of her kids & their spouses & all of her sister's, 2 brother - in - laws, her stepson and his wife, a granddaughter, and a nephew and his wife. On Sunday morning we were up early and I went to my church in Omaha. I love going home to my church in Omaha. I left right after worship because I wanted to get home and had to go to work the next morning. It was an awesome weekend and it was great to go back to Nebraska.

In February I started taking a water fitness instructor class. This has been a real challenge for me and I will be glad when it is over. I just hope I pass. The way it is looking right now - it's doubtful. I guess if it meant to happen it will. I've got to get it together this week!

Amy was given a baby shower a couple of weeks ago. She got some really cool stuff and also got a jogging stroller. Yesterday after my water class I went out for Lillie's birthday. I missed most of the party but I did get to see the Barbie cake!

March flew by so fast but luckily I have 2 people who are making sure that I keep up with my New Years resolution. Yes, this is post #3 - only 9 more to go! I may need a reminder next month as I feel April is over already. There is something going on every weekend. I will be returning to Nebraska for the spring game on April 17th. I need to get to Kansas City but have no clue when I can squeeze that in. I haven't seen Cameron & Bo since Thanksgiving and Robert since Christmas.

Well I better get this posted because bed time will be here before I know it. Everyone enjoy the spring and have a Happy Easter!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Whoot Whoot good for you Trisha you made it under the wire and don't worry Dixie and I will keep hounding you until you post in April. Have a great time at the Spring game and hope you have ground level seats teehee.

     
  • At 5:29 PM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    You didn't HAVE to devote your entire blog to my birthday...but thanks for doing it. It WAS a wonderful birthday and a GREAT SURPRISE!!!!

    Will see you in a couple weeks, I HOPE!

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Hey, Trisha....it's PAST the middle of April!!!!!

     
  • At 11:49 AM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Hey Trisha only 6 more days left in April you better get something on here. What's up with everyone no one is blogging????? I'm about ready to start I think I can keep up with this crowd. Even Dixie she hasn't blogged since last fall tsk tsk what are we gonna do with her? I know I know she's reallllly busy! teehee

     
  • At 9:12 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    Hellooooo Trisha only one more day in April, get goin!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home