Grandma Eckdahl

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Well here it is the day before Halloween - which means I only have 1 day until the end of the month. Only 2 more posts to go and I will have kept my resolution.

This month we celebrated Ethan's 3rd birthday. Hard to believe he is 3 years old already. He got some really cool birthday presents. Amy & Josh had a party for him and we had pizza. They got him one of those little tykes basketball hoops.

I went on a date this month. I don't think I am ready for dating. Hey at least I was able to get a free meal at Red Lobster. He wanted me to come over to his house for lunch but I said no. Then last week he showed up at the Y and wanted me to go out to eat but I said no and that I wasn't ready for dating.

Last week I went out to Tony & Sue's to celebrate Amy's birthday. A few of Amy's friends were there too.

It has been a very hard month as it has been 3 years since Bob died. There are so many days in October that you remember stuff. Like taking him to the ER on Oct. 6, putting him in the hospital, the day we were told he wasn't going to make it. The surgeries and many other memories.

Almost 2 weeks ago I had to bring the Christmas decorations for the store down. I need to get started on my own decorations. You know Christmas will be here before we know it. I will just be glad when black Friday is over. Actually that entire week is going to be exhausting. I sure wish I could find a job that wasn't in retail. Only 55 days until Christmas. Have a great month and try to stay warm.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger Doodles said...

    whoo whoo I am so impressed you made it, I am so proud of you Trisha when you set your mind to it it is a done deal. Hope to see you one of these days I miss ya.

     
  • At 11:05 AM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    Yayyyy! I forgot to check until today. GOOD JOB! Ya...you have lots of remembrances in October. Some good, some not so good.
    Like Dude....miss ya...even though I've seen you more recently than her.
    I'm gonna wish you Happy Thanksgiving - since you probably won't be posting until AFTER!!!!!

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger gmadxe said...

    It is AFTER Thanksgiving!!!! And the LAST day of November!!!!

     
  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger Patti said...

    Ok- I have tried to post but it will not let me access my account. I even struggled getting into this.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home